Fluffy, tasty pancakes without dairy or eggs? You’ve got to be kidding!
Alas, here is the perfect recipe for shrove Tuesday.
- 250g of plain flour
- 30g of castor sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 450 ml of almond milk
- 60ml of vegetable oil
- Extra vegetable oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, castor sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well
- Add the vegetable oil into the mixture then add the milk
- Whisk or stir the mixture until it is smooth, no lumps or un-whisked flour
- In a large pan, heat a tsp of oil until very hot and add a large dollop of the batter mix
- Heat each side for 2 minutes each
- Add fruit, sugar, maple syrup or other toppings to your taste and serve
An adaption from a pancake recipe The Buddhist Chef